Listen here: “Eternal Life“
- Peter tells us to give our anxieties to God. Don’t hold on to them. God cares for us.
- Our obligations to God: be sober-minded & watchful:
- Sober: don’t poison yourself with alcohol, drugs, emotional hype, or bad thinking.
- Watchful: stay alert, pay attention to God (Word and Sacrament; reading Bible and practice faithfulness).
- “10 All mine are yours, and yours are mine, and I am glorified in them.”
- Because we belong to Jesus Christ, we also belong to God. We are not our own, to do whatever we like. We are the property of an Other.
- We are not who we think we are, we are who God has created us to be, who Jesus Christ has freed us to be.
- We are not free to decide for ourselves who we want to be.
- Gen. 5:2 “Male and female he created them.”
- I’m not confusing religion and politics here. I’m pointing out that politics is meddling in religious issues.
Sermons are available on the website (https:www.stpaulsmarietta.org/audio). Share the link with your family and friends