Listen here: “Be Prepared“
- Peter begins by saying that we should be “eager to do good.” The importance of his meaning is not that we should do good, but that we need to be eager to do good. He’s not talking about works, or the activity of doing good things. He’s talking about our attitude.
- People can do good works begrudgingly, or dutifully—and do them well and often, but still miss Peter’s instruction.
- Think of doing good things as work, as if it applies to your job.
- What is your attitude at/toward work? Are you eager to go to work? Or is it a chore? Do you look forward to it?
- Usually in today’s world people look forward to the weekend, not to the work week.
Sermons are available on the website (https:www.stpaulsmarietta.org/audio). Share the link with your family and friends