Listen Here: “Offensive Maneuvers: Herald“
Isaiah 50:4-9; Matthew 21:1-11
Isaiah is describing the ministry of the Messiah. He knew 900 years in advance what the Messiah must do, and how He would respond to the suffering He would encounter.
- God sent Jesus to die on the cross. It was not Jesus’ idea; He didn’t like it and prayed that it would be taken from Him, that it would not be necessary.
- But, said Jesus, “not my will, but yours, Lord.” He submitted to God’s will even when it meant His own suffering and death.
- Palm Sunday begins the events of Holy Week, and those events will bloom in human history as Christianity. This has been happening for thousands of years.
- Christianity was the end of Judaism, the purpose of Judaism has been fulfilled with the birth of Christianity.
- Christianity has already utterly changed the world.
Sermons are available on the website (https:www.stpaulsmarietta.org/audio). Share the link with your family and friends.