Listen here: “Offensive Maneuvers: Soul Food“
- The story of Moses getting water from the rock provides a case study is Israel’s ongoing bondage to sin.
- Previously, God was ready to give up on Israel, but Moses had argued that God’s reputation was on the line: He had promised freedom and needed to keep His promise. God relented, and this story shows Israel’s addiction to sin and God’s determination to work with His people.
- John 4:42 They said to the woman, “It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this is indeed the Savior of the world.”
- While our testimonies are important, it is hearing for ourselves that makes the critical difference.
- Who is “he who has ears”? The simple answer: all people who have been or are being given the words of God. Like the parables’ original audience, we must also “Listen up! Pay close attention!”
Sermons are available on the website (https:www.stpaulsmarietta.org/audio). Share the link with your family and friends.