Listen here: “God Can“
Philippians 3:4-14; Matthew 21:33-46
- In the third chapter of Philippians Paul discusses righteousness through faith in Christ, as opposed to righteousness through obedience to the law.
- This is the central issue that Christianity has with Judaism. It is the faith vs. works issue that motivated Martin Luther to reexamine his training as a Roman Catholic priest.
- Luther determined that his training regarding righteousness through obedience to the law was a serious error, and that Jesus had come to correct that error.
- It was the issue that created the Protestant or Evangelical churches.
- The issue that we are looking at is whether God changes people or not.
- Addressing this concern, Paul reviews his own history, his qualifications as a believer in God.
Sermons are available on the website (https:www.stpaulsmarietta.org/audio). Share the link with your family and friends.