Listen Here: “Transition“
- Jesus’ transformation had something to do with a change from one role to the other, from the human side of His mediation to His divine side.
- As Mediator (someone who reconciles differences between disputants), He needed to be available to and to talk to and to represent both parties of the dispute.
- The traditional understanding of the transfiguration is that that was when God gave Jesus complete authority, an authority greater than Moses and Elijah, greater than the law and the prophets.
- Jesus is far more important, valuable, interesting, authoritative than the law and the prophets.
- So what actually happened? I have no idea! It remains a mystery. All we have is the story, and the ongoing presence of the Lord, still today.
- Whatever happened, I can assure you that it was true. It actually happened.
Sermons are available on the website (https:www.stpaulsmarietta.org/audio). Share the link with your family and friends.